Mrs. Kilmer will also be offering optional hearing tests from 3-6pm
If you have a child who will be five years old on or before September 1st, 2018, your child is eligible for kindergarten instruction for the 2018-2019 school year.
Registration fee will be collected at a later date.
What to Bring
The following items are required:
- Original certified birth certificate from the courthouse – hospital copies will not be accepted.
- Parent/Guardian names and telephone numbers.
- Proof of residency (new families to the district) - you will need
- a mortgage statement/tax bill or current copy of a lease AND
- 2 current bills that are associated to the residence.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school office at (815) 234-5491, ext. 757 or 251.
How Can I Tell My Child Is Ready for Kindergarten?
A child going into Kindergarten should be able to:
- Follow spoken directions and obey rules
- Listen without interrupting
- Get along with others
- Speak clearly
- Use the bathroom without help
- Put on (and take off) shoes and coats without help
- Know basic shapes and count to 10
- Use crayons and scissors
- Write his/her first name
- Listen and enjoy stories
- Know some/all alphabet letters